Judging by the many four and five-star reviews the duo earned for their last single, Booth regulars didn’t really need to be reminded that The Clipse‘s return to the spotlight was Kinda Like a Big Deal. Confident that their fanbase remains as sizable, and as devoted as ever, Malice and Pusha T take their second official single as an opportunity to simply kick back and enjoy their financial security. Being that we’re in the middle of a recession, I’m Good will be a difficult jam for many of us to relate to, but that’s only a minor mark against a record with a whole lot going for it. It’s hard not to sound good over an instrumental as ear-pleasing as this cut’s glossy, Neptunes-produced beat, but the twosome certainly aren’t sunbathing on the job; the brothers freshen up the time-tested topics of cash, clothes, cars, and women with plenty of their trademark deadpan swagger, as well as a few vivid similes (“...swimmin’ through the streets, lookin’ like I’m Shamu…”). I’m Good is lighter fare than the duo’s previous single, but its summer-jam vibe is sure to stir up yet more buzz for Till the Casket Drops, set to hit stores September 8th.
Written by richard on 06/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)