First I’m Good, then Popular Demand (Popeyes) and now Doorman. I’m beginning to think the Clipse’s new swagger-esque sound is more than just a trend, it may just be the dominant sound of their new album. The latest leak of their highly anticipated, even more highly delayed album Till the Casket Drops, the centerpiece of Doorman is really the Neptunes’ electronically dense production, a beat that stutters across the track with a strange but dope combination of hard-laced horns and Spanish style horns. Lyrically Pusha T and Malice take a more South Beach approach to their lyrics, largely trading in their trademark criminally minded flow for some more diamonds and cash oriented verses (don’t worry, there’s still plenty of coke talk). There’s nothing to complain about here, I’m just not sure I like their new approach as much as their harder old school material. Will Till the Casket Drops deliver hardcore Clipse fans the grit they demand? We’ll have to wait until the album drops on December 8. Let the countdown begin.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.