First I’m Good, then Popular Demand (Popeyes) and now Doorman. I’m beginning to think the Clipse’s new swagger-esque sound is more than just a trend, it may just be the dominant sound of their new album. The latest leak of their highly anticipated, even more highly delayed album Till the Casket Drops, the centerpiece of Doorman is really the Neptunes’ electronically dense production, a beat that stutters across the track with a strange but dope combination of hard-laced horns and Spanish style horns. Lyrically Pusha T and Malice take a more South Beach approach to their lyrics, largely trading in their trademark criminally minded flow for some more diamonds and cash oriented verses (don’t worry, there’s still plenty of coke talk). There’s nothing to complain about here, I’m just not sure I like their new approach as much as their harder old school material. Will Till the Casket Drops deliver hardcore Clipse fans the grit they demand? We’ll have to wait until the album drops on December 8. Let the countdown begin.
Listen to More: Clipse
Written by Nathan S. on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.