The Child of Love‘s promo pic may make him look like a time traveler from feudal Japan, but the Dutch artist/producer’s preoccupations—weed, sex, dope beats…—should prove eminently relatable to contemporary music-lovers. On Fly, the latest single off his self-titled debut EP, a moody, yet driving synth beat sets the stage for verses whose religious content and mournful delivery call to mind classic spirituals like Wade in the Water. That, however, doesn’t stop director PENSACOLA from filling his official video with imagery of a more worldly nature, from hotboxed vehicles to girl-on-girl action. (In other words, it’s probably non-work safe.) Featuring this cut and many more fresh, eclectic jams, The Child of Lov’s freshman project is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/29/13
Submit your Rating
Double Six/Domino Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.