The Child of Love‘s promo pic may make him look like a time traveler from feudal Japan, but the Dutch artist/producer’s preoccupations—weed, sex, dope beats…—should prove eminently relatable to contemporary music-lovers. On Fly, the latest single off his self-titled debut EP, a moody, yet driving synth beat sets the stage for verses whose religious content and mournful delivery call to mind classic spirituals like Wade in the Water. That, however, doesn’t stop director PENSACOLA from filling his official video with imagery of a more worldly nature, from hotboxed vehicles to girl-on-girl action. (In other words, it’s probably non-work safe.) Featuring this cut and many more fresh, eclectic jams, The Child of Lov’s freshman project is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/29/13
Submit your Rating
Double Six/Domino Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.