If smoke starts billowing from your speakers the moment you click “play” on The Chicharones’ first feature, don’t worry: that’s simply an indication of the heat contained in the Portland crew’s latest single. (On second thought, maybe you should worry just a little.) Released along with official visuals by Stuey Kubrick, the record finds beatsmith Maulskull serving up a head-noddable beat as emcees Josh Martinez and Sleep offer their satirical commentary on the music game. Watch for the crew’s latest album, Swine Flew, to hit record stores and online retailers June 19, via Camobear Records. Additionally, the group is set to headline the Vans Warped Tour “Bring It Back” stage this summer.
Written by richard on 06/10/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)