If smoke starts billowing from your speakers the moment you click “play” on The Chicharones’ first feature, don’t worry: that’s simply an indication of the heat contained in the Portland crew’s latest single. (On second thought, maybe you should worry just a little.) Released along with official visuals by Stuey Kubrick, the record finds beatsmith Maulskull serving up a head-noddable beat as emcees Josh Martinez and Sleep offer their satirical commentary on the music game. Watch for the crew’s latest album, Swine Flew, to hit record stores and online retailers June 19, via Camobear Records. Additionally, the group is set to headline the Vans Warped Tour “Bring It Back” stage this summer.
Written by richard on 06/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.