If smoke starts billowing from your speakers the moment you click “play” on The Chicharones’ first feature, don’t worry: that’s simply an indication of the heat contained in the Portland crew’s latest single. (On second thought, maybe you should worry just a little.) Released along with official visuals by Stuey Kubrick, the record finds beatsmith Maulskull serving up a head-noddable beat as emcees Josh Martinez and Sleep offer their satirical commentary on the music game. Watch for the crew’s latest album, Swine Flew, to hit record stores and online retailers June 19, via Camobear Records. Additionally, the group is set to headline the Vans Warped Tour “Bring It Back” stage this summer.
Written by richard on 06/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.