Basketball fan or not, everyone knows Charles Barkley; the man has undoubtedly transcended the court and become a borderline goofy, cult-ish hero. Given the popularity of the former NBA power forward, I’m sure several of our readers will click play on this introductory selection from Booth newcomers The Celestics; these individuals may have come for the title, but surely will stick around for the impressive, unique effort from the duo. The track’s dripping, synth production, courtesy of KAYTRANADA (one-half of the pair), matches the meandering, loose-structured flow of both emcees perfectly. While the complete effort exudes an off-kilter vibe, there is a strange, entrancing fluidity to their madness, which inevitably leaves the listener wanting more. Where that “more” comes from, however, is a different story; the duo’s Supreme Laziness project is forthcoming, but has been delayed to this point and as yet hasn’t received a new drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.