Basketball fan or not, everyone knows Charles Barkley; the man has undoubtedly transcended the court and become a borderline goofy, cult-ish hero. Given the popularity of the former NBA power forward, I’m sure several of our readers will click play on this introductory selection from Booth newcomers The Celestics; these individuals may have come for the title, but surely will stick around for the impressive, unique effort from the duo. The track’s dripping, synth production, courtesy of KAYTRANADA (one-half of the pair), matches the meandering, loose-structured flow of both emcees perfectly. While the complete effort exudes an off-kilter vibe, there is a strange, entrancing fluidity to their madness, which inevitably leaves the listener wanting more. Where that “more” comes from, however, is a different story; the duo’s Supreme Laziness project is forthcoming, but has been delayed to this point and as yet hasn’t received a new drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.