Basketball fan or not, everyone knows Charles Barkley; the man has undoubtedly transcended the court and become a borderline goofy, cult-ish hero. Given the popularity of the former NBA power forward, I’m sure several of our readers will click play on this introductory selection from Booth newcomers The Celestics; these individuals may have come for the title, but surely will stick around for the impressive, unique effort from the duo. The track’s dripping, synth production, courtesy of KAYTRANADA (one-half of the pair), matches the meandering, loose-structured flow of both emcees perfectly. While the complete effort exudes an off-kilter vibe, there is a strange, entrancing fluidity to their madness, which inevitably leaves the listener wanting more. Where that “more” comes from, however, is a different story; the duo’s Supreme Laziness project is forthcoming, but has been delayed to this point and as yet hasn’t received a new drop date.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!