Basketball fan or not, everyone knows Charles Barkley; the man has undoubtedly transcended the court and become a borderline goofy, cult-ish hero. Given the popularity of the former NBA power forward, I’m sure several of our readers will click play on this introductory selection from Booth newcomers The Celestics; these individuals may have come for the title, but surely will stick around for the impressive, unique effort from the duo. The track’s dripping, synth production, courtesy of KAYTRANADA (one-half of the pair), matches the meandering, loose-structured flow of both emcees perfectly. While the complete effort exudes an off-kilter vibe, there is a strange, entrancing fluidity to their madness, which inevitably leaves the listener wanting more. Where that “more” comes from, however, is a different story; the duo’s Supreme Laziness project is forthcoming, but has been delayed to this point and as yet hasn’t received a new drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.