There are few things more depressing than having Sunday evening arrive and realizing that you squandered potential nights out sitting on your couch, watching Battlestar Galactica DVDs. Niles “Cyrano” Hollowell-Dhar of The Cataracs wants to make sure you make the right choice come next Friday, so he’s dropped off a new promo single designed to help you get Ready for the coming Weekend. Here, a tweaked sampling of Swedish dance duo Icona Pop‘s 2012 single of the same title serves as backdrop for energizing, flowed verses from the crew’s sole current member. Craving more? This club-ready cut isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Indie-Pop/Universal Republic recording artist’s plans for the new year.
Written by richard on 01/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Club Love (The Yay Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.