Many twenty-something males would be hesitant to pursue a romance with a women a decade their senior, but The Cataracs’ out-the-box-thinking clearly isn’t limited to the musical arena. Firm believers in Aaliyah’s dictum that “age ain’t nothing but a number, ,” Cyrano and Campa illuminate the special appeal of romance with an older chick on new single 77 88 (named after the lovers’ respective birth years). Over a leisurely, synth-soaked bubblegum-pop backdrop, the duo spit sung and rapped game to the woman in question, plying her with images of young love (“Let me bring you back to prom at your daddy’s house.”) and promises of technical assistance (“I know you’re mature, but I’m considerate, consider it / Computers are confusing and I’m very tech-literate.”). While I can’t help but think they’re underestimating the average 33-year-old’s digital savvy—and I’m not even touching the Bingo jokes—I’m going to have to defer to the Cataracs’ expertise on cross-generational macking. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for release details on the duo’s yet-untitled fifth album, scheduled to drop sometime in 2012.
Written by richard on 07/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Club Love (The Yay Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.