Many twenty-something males would be hesitant to pursue a romance with a women a decade their senior, but The Cataracs’ out-the-box-thinking clearly isn’t limited to the musical arena. Firm believers in Aaliyah’s dictum that “age ain’t nothing but a number, ,” Cyrano and Campa illuminate the special appeal of romance with an older chick on new single 77 88 (named after the lovers’ respective birth years). Over a leisurely, synth-soaked bubblegum-pop backdrop, the duo spit sung and rapped game to the woman in question, plying her with images of young love (“Let me bring you back to prom at your daddy’s house.”) and promises of technical assistance (“I know you’re mature, but I’m considerate, consider it / Computers are confusing and I’m very tech-literate.”). While I can’t help but think they’re underestimating the average 33-year-old’s digital savvy—and I’m not even touching the Bingo jokes—I’m going to have to defer to the Cataracs’ expertise on cross-generational macking. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for release details on the duo’s yet-untitled fifth album, scheduled to drop sometime in 2012.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Club Love (The Yay Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.