Considering The Canz’ last feature, Ferris Bueller (Personal Day Off), found the duo tribute to cinema’s most famous truant, it’s only appropriate that Prominent and Foster followed it up with an unexplained absence from our pages. Of course, like the ‘80s icon, they weren’t just playing hooky—the brothers’ 10-month journey of self-discovery took them back to their home country, Ghana, where they got to work on a fresh mixtape. Inaugural leak Sweetest Thing finds them refreshed, rejuvenated and more ready than ever to seize the crown. Over Statik Musik‘s breezy synth production, the freestyle series alumni fill us in on just how determined they are to hustle their way to the top of the game. Booth fave Laws guests, turning in a closing 16 as dope as it is sacrilegious (I’m no theologian, but I’m pretty sure “I’ma f*ck a nun’s face till she call me G-O-D” is the kind of line that invites stray lightning bolts). Complete with the hook vocals of Danay Murray, this is just one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Slow Rise II: Low Winds, High Sails, set for release August 16.
Written by richard on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Away" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.