Although Americans remain largely focused on our own shores, hip-hop talent is exploding internationally, with thousands of artists across the globe bringing their own local flavor to hip-hop’s always eclectic mix. Case in point: The Canz, a duo consisting of brothers Prominent and Foster who may be living in Georgia now, but whose roots are firmly planted in their native Ghana. That long musical journey from Africa has lead them to our pages for their DJBooth premiere with their new cut Fly Away, a celebratory jam that shines with soulful production from Crackking that’s a guaranteed head-nodder. Add in a quality mix of rap from The Canz and vocal work of RVZ (who sounds a little like John Legend on the chorus), and if you’ve got a track that should make quite the first impression on DJBooth readers. If you’re digging The Canz’ sound be sure to check their upcoming Mick Boogie affiliated mixtape The Slow Rise, due out on October 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's the Canz" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.