Although Americans remain largely focused on our own shores, hip-hop talent is exploding internationally, with thousands of artists across the globe bringing their own local flavor to hip-hop’s always eclectic mix. Case in point: The Canz, a duo consisting of brothers Prominent and Foster who may be living in Georgia now, but whose roots are firmly planted in their native Ghana. That long musical journey from Africa has lead them to our pages for their DJBooth premiere with their new cut Fly Away, a celebratory jam that shines with soulful production from Crackking that’s a guaranteed head-nodder. Add in a quality mix of rap from The Canz and vocal work of RVZ (who sounds a little like John Legend on the chorus), and if you’ve got a track that should make quite the first impression on DJBooth readers. If you’re digging The Canz’ sound be sure to check their upcoming Mick Boogie affiliated mixtape The Slow Rise, due out on October 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's the Canz" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.