D.O., the Canadian rhymesayer who set the Guinness World Record for Longest Freestyle back in 2003 (Chiddy of Chiddy Bang holds the crown as of 2011), has partnered with Juno Award-winning emcee/beatsmith Diz Dallas to form The Busy Brothers. On their debut collaborative single, the duo celebrate the Life Size Feeling of finally being on the road to success. Diz’s sampled brass fanfare sets the mood as he and his partner-in-rhyme recount their rise to fame, urging disadvantaged youths to follow their example and reach for the stars: “To the kids in the struggle: don’t stop till you at the top of the mountain.” Are The Busy Brothers, in the immortal words of Charlie Sheen, “winning?” Those leaning towards the affirmative will want to keep it locked for the latest on the group’s self-titled EP, scheduled for release this fall.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.