D.O., the Canadian rhymesayer who set the Guinness World Record for Longest Freestyle back in 2003 (Chiddy of Chiddy Bang holds the crown as of 2011), has partnered with Juno Award-winning emcee/beatsmith Diz Dallas to form The Busy Brothers. On their debut collaborative single, the duo celebrate the Life Size Feeling of finally being on the road to success. Diz’s sampled brass fanfare sets the mood as he and his partner-in-rhyme recount their rise to fame, urging disadvantaged youths to follow their example and reach for the stars: “To the kids in the struggle: don’t stop till you at the top of the mountain.” Are The Busy Brothers, in the immortal words of Charlie Sheen, “winning?” Those leaning towards the affirmative will want to keep it locked for the latest on the group’s self-titled EP, scheduled for release this fall.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)