This Tacoma, Washington crew may call themselves The BreakLites but, when they roll through your neighborhood, you’ll be paying more attention to what’s In the Trunk. On the title track and current single selection off their latest full-length, the group express their deep and abiding love for foundation-shaking low frequencies. Over an in-house instrumental driven by grainy synth-bass and syncopated percussion (including an appropriately powerful kick), frontman Cruel showcases his swagger and self-confidence in braggadocious verses. Chris Matthews, Jr. directs the cut’s official visuals. How about it, readers: has In the Trunk earned a spot on your whip playlist? If so, you can find plenty more bass-heavy jams on their album of the same title, available via iTunes as of last summer.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.