This Tacoma, Washington crew may call themselves The BreakLites but, when they roll through your neighborhood, you’ll be paying more attention to what’s In the Trunk. On the title track and current single selection off their latest full-length, the group express their deep and abiding love for foundation-shaking low frequencies. Over an in-house instrumental driven by grainy synth-bass and syncopated percussion (including an appropriately powerful kick), frontman Cruel showcases his swagger and self-confidence in braggadocious verses. Chris Matthews, Jr. directs the cut’s official visuals. How about it, readers: has In the Trunk earned a spot on your whip playlist? If so, you can find plenty more bass-heavy jams on their album of the same title, available via iTunes as of last summer.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.