This Tacoma, Washington crew may call themselves The BreakLites but, when they roll through your neighborhood, you’ll be paying more attention to what’s In the Trunk. On the title track and current single selection off their latest full-length, the group express their deep and abiding love for foundation-shaking low frequencies. Over an in-house instrumental driven by grainy synth-bass and syncopated percussion (including an appropriately powerful kick), frontman Cruel showcases his swagger and self-confidence in braggadocious verses. Chris Matthews, Jr. directs the cut’s official visuals. How about it, readers: has In the Trunk earned a spot on your whip playlist? If so, you can find plenty more bass-heavy jams on their album of the same title, available via iTunes as of last summer.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.