This Tacoma, Washington crew may call themselves The BreakLites but, when they roll through your neighborhood, you’ll be paying more attention to what’s In the Trunk. On the title track and current single selection off their latest full-length, the group express their deep and abiding love for foundation-shaking low frequencies. Over an in-house instrumental driven by grainy synth-bass and syncopated percussion (including an appropriately powerful kick), frontman Cruel showcases his swagger and self-confidence in braggadocious verses. Chris Matthews, Jr. directs the cut’s official visuals. How about it, readers: has In the Trunk earned a spot on your whip playlist? If so, you can find plenty more bass-heavy jams on their album of the same title, available via iTunes as of last summer.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.