This Tacoma, Washington crew may call themselves The BreakLites but, when they roll through your neighborhood, you’ll be paying more attention to what’s In the Trunk. On the title track and current single selection off their latest full-length, the group express their deep and abiding love for foundation-shaking low frequencies. Over an in-house instrumental driven by grainy synth-bass and syncopated percussion (including an appropriately powerful kick), frontman Cruel showcases his swagger and self-confidence in braggadocious verses. Chris Matthews, Jr. directs the cut’s official visuals. How about it, readers: has In the Trunk earned a spot on your whip playlist? If so, you can find plenty more bass-heavy jams on their album of the same title, available via iTunes as of last summer.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.