I am sure many of you know “boom goes the dynamite,” but BOOM also goes the new video single from The Breaklites. This version, however, is much less awkward and far more enjoyable than the famous YouTube clip. The crew’s emcee, Cruel, also performs much better than the much-maligned sportscaster, peppering the track’s beat with lyrical jabs delivered with a speedy, relentless flow. The frontman’s talents don’t stop at the mic, however, as he also directs and edits the song’s visuals, which feature the group on a leisurely bike trip along the strip as the in-house produced beat rattles behind them. BOOM, the Breaklites’ second DJBooth feature, can be found on their latest album, In The Trunk, available now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.