I am sure many of you know “boom goes the dynamite,” but BOOM also goes the new video single from The Breaklites. This version, however, is much less awkward and far more enjoyable than the famous YouTube clip. The crew’s emcee, Cruel, also performs much better than the much-maligned sportscaster, peppering the track’s beat with lyrical jabs delivered with a speedy, relentless flow. The frontman’s talents don’t stop at the mic, however, as he also directs and edits the song’s visuals, which feature the group on a leisurely bike trip along the strip as the in-house produced beat rattles behind them. BOOM, the Breaklites’ second DJBooth feature, can be found on their latest album, In The Trunk, available now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.