The Boombachs may be (as their latest project’s title attests) extraterrestrials, but they go through the same romantic troubles as your ordinary humans. On She Got Me, a standout cut off their latest EP, instrumentalist Marcus Wheat lush piano/guitar/sax arrangement sets the mood as vocalist Adonias “AD” Wondwessen rhymes about a woman who keeps pulling him back in after every painful parting. Interest piqued? More fresh tunes await on the Denton, Tx. duo’s We Are Aliens EP, released April 29, through the group’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 05/14/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.