If you listen to one track by a masked, Italian production duo named after part of a vegetable today, let it be this one. On the lone single off their Romboarama LP, The Bloody Beetroots join forces with two of the coolest kids in the Midwest to introduce listeners to a sound that can only be described as “Awesome.” As Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks let heads across the globe know just how great they’re feeling, Sir Cornelius Bob Rifo and Tommy Tea back their flossing with a punchy instrumental driven by buzzsaw bass and syncopated synth stabs. The hard-edged, sorta over-the-top electro vibe may not be what listeners stateside are accustomed to, but this cut is as danceable as its creators are eccentric—that is, extremely. Romboarama is out now across the pond, but listeners wondering what else the Beetroots have up their sleeves will have to import the disc; unfortunately, there are no current plans for a domestic release.
Written by richard on 08/4/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.