Ever since we first heard The Black Opera we knew the enigmatic collective was onto something special, and now the good people at Mello Music Group agree, signing Black Opera to a multi-album deal and issue a physical edition of their EnterMission album. To celebrate, the collective unveils their new video for Magician, a ode to the magic of a special female to put a man in a trance set over a bouncing beat from Astronote. Both Vaughn G and Jade Lathan guest on the vocals, turning Magician into a tale of love and lust, joy and pain. Physical copies of EnterMission drop on August 28, with a vinyl release following on September 25, but fans can get their pre-order on right now!
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.