Conspicuous anonymity is one of the best ways to attract attention, without looking like you’re trying to attract attention. Just ask The Black Opera. Though their music is ill enough to create buzz by itself, they’ve multiplied the hype by refusing to reveal their true identities. I mean, for all we know, the shadowy crew could be a bunch of Monsters & Robots. On the latest single off their forthcoming street release, the A-Side up-and-comers continue to play with listener expectations, lacing AstroNote‘s sci-fi synths and head-noddable percussion with surreal, subtly sinister lyrical flames. The physical version of Entermission as yet lacks a drop date, but those who’d like to get their hands on the record early can download it after playing and sharing the cut’s companion video game, playable here.
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!