Conspicuous anonymity is one of the best ways to attract attention, without looking like you’re trying to attract attention. Just ask The Black Opera. Though their music is ill enough to create buzz by itself, they’ve multiplied the hype by refusing to reveal their true identities. I mean, for all we know, the shadowy crew could be a bunch of Monsters & Robots. On the latest single off their forthcoming street release, the A-Side up-and-comers continue to play with listener expectations, lacing AstroNote‘s sci-fi synths and head-noddable percussion with surreal, subtly sinister lyrical flames. The physical version of Entermission as yet lacks a drop date, but those who’d like to get their hands on the record early can download it after playing and sharing the cut’s companion video game, playable here.
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.