Conspicuous anonymity is one of the best ways to attract attention, without looking like you’re trying to attract attention. Just ask The Black Opera. Though their music is ill enough to create buzz by itself, they’ve multiplied the hype by refusing to reveal their true identities. I mean, for all we know, the shadowy crew could be a bunch of Monsters & Robots. On the latest single off their forthcoming street release, the A-Side up-and-comers continue to play with listener expectations, lacing AstroNote‘s sci-fi synths and head-noddable percussion with surreal, subtly sinister lyrical flames. The physical version of Entermission as yet lacks a drop date, but those who’d like to get their hands on the record early can download it after playing and sharing the cut’s companion video game, playable here.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.