Conspicuous anonymity is one of the best ways to attract attention, without looking like you’re trying to attract attention. Just ask The Black Opera. Though their music is ill enough to create buzz by itself, they’ve multiplied the hype by refusing to reveal their true identities. I mean, for all we know, the shadowy crew could be a bunch of Monsters & Robots. On the latest single off their forthcoming street release, the A-Side up-and-comers continue to play with listener expectations, lacing AstroNote‘s sci-fi synths and head-noddable percussion with surreal, subtly sinister lyrical flames. The physical version of Entermission as yet lacks a drop date, but those who’d like to get their hands on the record early can download it after playing and sharing the cut’s companion video game, playable here.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.