Considering how much their commitment to secrecy has helped to increase their buzz, shadowy crew The Black Opera seem unlikely to reveal their identities anytime soon. For the very first time, on the latest single off their forthcoming full-length, they offer curious listeners a glimpse into their hideout, the Black Lair. Over Astronote‘s dusty keys and subterranean bass, the anonymous rhymesayers welcome us to a place that’s “darker than Matombo,”where “perception is king,” and “you’re never sure who’s the diablo.” Appropriately enough, Black Opera solicit guest vocals from an actual opera singer; Melody Betts showcases her impressive soprano throughout the cut, taking center stage on the record’s chorus. Feeling it? We suggest purchasing a copy of their street album The Libretto: Of King Legend, the third and final installment in the crew’s debut trilogy.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)