Considering how much their commitment to secrecy has helped to increase their buzz, shadowy crew The Black Opera seem unlikely to reveal their identities anytime soon. For the very first time, on the latest single off their forthcoming full-length, they offer curious listeners a glimpse into their hideout, the Black Lair. Over Astronote‘s dusty keys and subterranean bass, the anonymous rhymesayers welcome us to a place that’s “darker than Matombo,”where “perception is king,” and “you’re never sure who’s the diablo.” Appropriately enough, Black Opera solicit guest vocals from an actual opera singer; Melody Betts showcases her impressive soprano throughout the cut, taking center stage on the record’s chorus. Feeling it? We suggest purchasing a copy of their street album The Libretto: Of King Legend, the third and final installment in the crew’s debut trilogy.
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.