Considering how much their commitment to secrecy has helped to increase their buzz, shadowy crew The Black Opera seem unlikely to reveal their identities anytime soon. For the very first time, on the latest single off their forthcoming full-length, they offer curious listeners a glimpse into their hideout, the Black Lair. Over Astronote‘s dusty keys and subterranean bass, the anonymous rhymesayers welcome us to a place that’s “darker than Matombo,”where “perception is king,” and “you’re never sure who’s the diablo.” Appropriately enough, Black Opera solicit guest vocals from an actual opera singer; Melody Betts showcases her impressive soprano throughout the cut, taking center stage on the record’s chorus. Feeling it? We suggest purchasing a copy of their street album The Libretto: Of King Legend, the third and final installment in the crew’s debut trilogy.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.