Considering how much their commitment to secrecy has helped to increase their buzz, shadowy crew The Black Opera seem unlikely to reveal their identities anytime soon. For the very first time, on the latest single off their forthcoming full-length, they offer curious listeners a glimpse into their hideout, the Black Lair. Over Astronote‘s dusty keys and subterranean bass, the anonymous rhymesayers welcome us to a place that’s “darker than Matombo,”where “perception is king,” and “you’re never sure who’s the diablo.” Appropriately enough, Black Opera solicit guest vocals from an actual opera singer; Melody Betts showcases her impressive soprano throughout the cut, taking center stage on the record’s chorus. Feeling it? We suggest purchasing a copy of their street album The Libretto: Of King Legend, the third and final installment in the crew’s debut trilogy.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
A-Side Worldwide/Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleep Tight" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.