Ouick, cover your ears with duct tape and plastic wrap! The DJBooth.net Department of Homeland Security has received word that North Carolina-based extremist cell The Away Team are preparing to strike via the headphones of unsuspecting hip-hop lovers. The fifth exclusive world premiere in DJBooth.net and Event Electronics’ 20/20 Music series, this album outtake is perhaps the dopest Terrorist Attack ever perpetrated on U.S. Soil. Khrysis goes heavy on the samples, layer snippets of a (slightly too muffled to recognize) soul classic with a street-certified rhythm section and topping it all off with a vocal snippet from Royce Da 5’9‘s Warriors (“Compare us to the Arabs, this a terrorist attack!”). This time, however, the First in Flight State beatsmith/rapper isn’t satisfied chilling out behind the boards—Khrysis opens proceedings with an aggressive opening 16, which partner-in-rhyme Sean Boog follows with an even grimier second verse. While this joint didn’t make it onto the duo’s album, fans can hear more where this came from on the crew’s just-released Scars & Stripes LP. In addition, keep it locked for 15 more DJBooth exclusives leading up to the arrival of Event’s 20/20 Music compilation.
Written by richard on 10/12/11
Submit your Rating
Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sum of Me ft. Evidence" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.