Ouick, cover your ears with duct tape and plastic wrap! The DJBooth.net Department of Homeland Security has received word that North Carolina-based extremist cell The Away Team are preparing to strike via the headphones of unsuspecting hip-hop lovers. The fifth exclusive world premiere in DJBooth.net and Event Electronics’ 20/20 Music series, this album outtake is perhaps the dopest Terrorist Attack ever perpetrated on U.S. Soil. Khrysis goes heavy on the samples, layer snippets of a (slightly too muffled to recognize) soul classic with a street-certified rhythm section and topping it all off with a vocal snippet from Royce Da 5’9‘s Warriors (“Compare us to the Arabs, this a terrorist attack!”). This time, however, the First in Flight State beatsmith/rapper isn’t satisfied chilling out behind the boards—Khrysis opens proceedings with an aggressive opening 16, which partner-in-rhyme Sean Boog follows with an even grimier second verse. While this joint didn’t make it onto the duo’s album, fans can hear more where this came from on the crew’s just-released Scars & Stripes LP. In addition, keep it locked for 15 more DJBooth exclusives leading up to the arrival of Event’s 20/20 Music compilation.
Written by richard on 10/12/11
Submit your Rating
Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sum of Me ft. Evidence" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.