In theory The Away Team, or as they’re known individually Sean Boog the emcee and Khrysis the producer, are already Unforgettable, but just in case you missed the duo’s previous features, or contracted a sudden case of amnesia, I think we’ve got something for you that will cement their music in your synapses. More specifically, the Team, Talib Kweli and Rapsody are ready to Set It Off like Queen Latifah. Behind the boards Khrysis puts together a skittering beat that shakes lightly and bounces along on a sharp but mellow guitar line. From there Kweli sets off the lyrical explorations (pun intended) with the kind of syllable packed flow we’ve come to expect, followed closely by a tight 16 from the seemingly unshakable Rapsody and a closing effort from Boog that more than holds its own next to his compatriots rhymes. In other words, there’s no way you’re forgetting The Away Team after this. For more be sure to cop the duo’s upcoming album Scars & Stripes, due out on October 11 through Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sum of Me ft. Evidence" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.