In theory The Away Team, or as they’re known individually Sean Boog the emcee and Khrysis the producer, are already Unforgettable, but just in case you missed the duo’s previous features, or contracted a sudden case of amnesia, I think we’ve got something for you that will cement their music in your synapses. More specifically, the Team, Talib Kweli and Rapsody are ready to Set It Off like Queen Latifah. Behind the boards Khrysis puts together a skittering beat that shakes lightly and bounces along on a sharp but mellow guitar line. From there Kweli sets off the lyrical explorations (pun intended) with the kind of syllable packed flow we’ve come to expect, followed closely by a tight 16 from the seemingly unshakable Rapsody and a closing effort from Boog that more than holds its own next to his compatriots rhymes. In other words, there’s no way you’re forgetting The Away Team after this. For more be sure to cop the duo’s upcoming album Scars & Stripes, due out on October 11 through Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/19/11
Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sum of Me ft. Evidence" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.