In hip-hop’s early days, many emcees saw success by teaming up with a DJ/producer. Hoping to bring back that tradition, rapper Sean Boog and producer Khrysis (who is signed to Little Brother‘s Hall of Justus Music Group) have joined forces to form The Away Team. After releasing their debut, Training Day, on iTunes this past October, the duo has remained hungry in their pursuit of success as a duo. On their current single, Boog explains that with every verse he drops, he gives the listener Sum of Me. To his credit, Khrysis’ provides a church organ production that emphasizes the serious, deep mood of the record. Topped off with a verse from Dilated Peoples emcee Evidence, Sum of Me proves why alliances are so important in hip hop.
Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scars & Stripes" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!