In hip-hop’s early days, many emcees saw success by teaming up with a DJ/producer. Hoping to bring back that tradition, rapper Sean Boog and producer Khrysis (who is signed to Little Brother‘s Hall of Justus Music Group) have joined forces to form The Away Team. After releasing their debut, Training Day, on iTunes this past October, the duo has remained hungry in their pursuit of success as a duo. On their current single, Boog explains that with every verse he drops, he gives the listener Sum of Me. To his credit, Khrysis’ provides a church organ production that emphasizes the serious, deep mood of the record. Topped off with a verse from Dilated Peoples emcee Evidence, Sum of Me proves why alliances are so important in hip hop.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scars & Stripes" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.