In hip-hop’s early days, many emcees saw success by teaming up with a DJ/producer. Hoping to bring back that tradition, rapper Sean Boog and producer Khrysis (who is signed to Little Brother‘s Hall of Justus Music Group) have joined forces to form The Away Team. After releasing their debut, Training Day, on iTunes this past October, the duo has remained hungry in their pursuit of success as a duo. On their current single, Boog explains that with every verse he drops, he gives the listener Sum of Me. To his credit, Khrysis’ provides a church organ production that emphasizes the serious, deep mood of the record. Topped off with a verse from Dilated Peoples emcee Evidence, Sum of Me proves why alliances are so important in hip hop.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
Jamla/IWWMG/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scars & Stripes" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)