Is there something strange in your neighborhood? If so, who are you gonna call? Normally, I would suggest the Ghostbusters, but after hearing the latest from The Antiheroes, I would caution against it because I don’t want anything stopping them from making dope music (sorry, Bill Murray). On their new video single the T-Dot duo haunt all doubters on I’m Ghost, an aggressive, energetic cut that features a synth heavy, symbol-crashing beat from producer MMac. Both Sha Prince (leading off the cut) and Flex put on ghastly performances, with styles that differ in pitch yet share the same aggressive rugged approach. Their individual sounds compliment each other nicely, especially on the record’s hook, where they alternate lines, giving truth to the opposites attract theory. If you aren’t spooked by their intense brand of Hip-Hop, then be sure to take a listen to forthcoming album Modern Day Riot, set for release in The DJBooth in late March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/13
Submit your Rating
Smash Mouth Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"6 Degrees" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.