Is there something strange in your neighborhood? If so, who are you gonna call? Normally, I would suggest the Ghostbusters, but after hearing the latest from The Antiheroes, I would caution against it because I don’t want anything stopping them from making dope music (sorry, Bill Murray). On their new video single the T-Dot duo haunt all doubters on I’m Ghost, an aggressive, energetic cut that features a synth heavy, symbol-crashing beat from producer MMac. Both Sha Prince (leading off the cut) and Flex put on ghastly performances, with styles that differ in pitch yet share the same aggressive rugged approach. Their individual sounds compliment each other nicely, especially on the record’s hook, where they alternate lines, giving truth to the opposites attract theory. If you aren’t spooked by their intense brand of Hip-Hop, then be sure to take a listen to forthcoming album Modern Day Riot, set for release in The DJBooth in late March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/13
Submit your Rating
Smash Mouth Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"6 Degrees" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.