Many big-name artists will tell you that fame is both a blessing and a curse. While everyone wants to be a star, the pressures of celebrity often lead to self-doubt and internal conflict – fortunately, disillusionment with life in the limelight is great songwriting material (just ask Kanye). On his new single, Smile, rapper/producer The Alchemist provides a melancholy organ accompaniment to his musings on celebrity as well as those of guest contributor Twista, whose mid-verse shift into hyperspeed is one of the record’s high points. Neo-soul veteran Maxwell delivers the emotional goods on his hook, accompanying his own vocals in teary-eyed falsetto. Chemical Warfare, the long-awaited follow-up to Alchemist’s 2004 debut, 1st Infantry, will be released via E1 Music (formerly known as Koch Records) in April of this year.
Written by richard on 02/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Key To The City ft. Prodigy & Nina Sky" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.