Many big-name artists will tell you that fame is both a blessing and a curse. While everyone wants to be a star, the pressures of celebrity often lead to self-doubt and internal conflict – fortunately, disillusionment with life in the limelight is great songwriting material (just ask Kanye). On his new single, Smile, rapper/producer The Alchemist provides a melancholy organ accompaniment to his musings on celebrity as well as those of guest contributor Twista, whose mid-verse shift into hyperspeed is one of the record’s high points. Neo-soul veteran Maxwell delivers the emotional goods on his hook, accompanying his own vocals in teary-eyed falsetto. Chemical Warfare, the long-awaited follow-up to Alchemist’s 2004 debut, 1st Infantry, will be released via E1 Music (formerly known as Koch Records) in April of this year.
Written by richard on 02/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Key To The City ft. Prodigy & Nina Sky" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)