Many big-name artists will tell you that fame is both a blessing and a curse. While everyone wants to be a star, the pressures of celebrity often lead to self-doubt and internal conflict – fortunately, disillusionment with life in the limelight is great songwriting material (just ask Kanye). On his new single, Smile, rapper/producer The Alchemist provides a melancholy organ accompaniment to his musings on celebrity as well as those of guest contributor Twista, whose mid-verse shift into hyperspeed is one of the record’s high points. Neo-soul veteran Maxwell delivers the emotional goods on his hook, accompanying his own vocals in teary-eyed falsetto. Chemical Warfare, the long-awaited follow-up to Alchemist’s 2004 debut, 1st Infantry, will be released via E1 Music (formerly known as Koch Records) in April of this year.
Written by richard on 02/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Key To The City ft. Prodigy & Nina Sky" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.