To whet fans’ appetites for his sophomore album, Chemical Warfare, set to be released on February 10, veteran producer The Alchemist has dropped a preview EP entitled The Alchemist’s Cookbook. Hoping to once again turn hard rock into gold, Alc has prepared some Therapy for new-school artists who still love the old school. Cleveland’s KiD CuDi handles the baritone hook as Dilated Peoples frontman Evidence and his fellow West Coaster Blu each dig deep into their souls for a few low-level verses. Over guitar/brass production from the man in the chef hat, all three guest artists show that a little Therapy can go a long way toward ending that “hip-hop is dead” chitchat.
Written by Burmy on 11/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Key To The City ft. Prodigy & Nina Sky" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.