To whet fans’ appetites for his sophomore album, Chemical Warfare, set to be released on February 10, veteran producer The Alchemist has dropped a preview EP entitled The Alchemist’s Cookbook. Hoping to once again turn hard rock into gold, Alc has prepared some Therapy for new-school artists who still love the old school. Cleveland’s KiD CuDi handles the baritone hook as Dilated Peoples frontman Evidence and his fellow West Coaster Blu each dig deep into their souls for a few low-level verses. Over guitar/brass production from the man in the chef hat, all three guest artists show that a little Therapy can go a long way toward ending that “hip-hop is dead” chitchat.
Written by Burmy on 11/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Key To The City ft. Prodigy & Nina Sky" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.