To whet fans’ appetites for his sophomore album, Chemical Warfare, set to be released on February 10, veteran producer The Alchemist has dropped a preview EP entitled The Alchemist’s Cookbook. Hoping to once again turn hard rock into gold, Alc has prepared some Therapy for new-school artists who still love the old school. Cleveland’s KiD CuDi handles the baritone hook as Dilated Peoples frontman Evidence and his fellow West Coaster Blu each dig deep into their souls for a few low-level verses. Over guitar/brass production from the man in the chef hat, all three guest artists show that a little Therapy can go a long way toward ending that “hip-hop is dead” chitchat.
Written by Burmy on 11/19/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Key To The City ft. Prodigy & Nina Sky" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.