Today, we find The Alchemist where we last left him: preparing his sophomore album, Chemical Warfare. In the year’s time since his first buzz single, Key to the City, hit the DJBooth, the SoCal producer with the NYC sound has been hard at work, finally securing a release date (October 28) for the project. Benefiting from his two-coast background, he brings over three heavyweights for the first ‘official’ single. East Coast vets Jadakiss and Pusha T spit a few of their rawest verses to date (where else would you hear about a Colombian necktie?), while Snoop Dogg adds a public service announcement for the hook: the street life is not for everyone, so, if you choose it, you should be prepared to Lose Your Life at any time. Those who can handle it will find this record perfect for rainy-day headphone theatre.
Written by Burmy on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Key To The City ft. Prodigy & Nina Sky" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.