Today, we find The Alchemist where we last left him: preparing his sophomore album, Chemical Warfare. In the year’s time since his first buzz single, Key to the City, hit the DJBooth, the SoCal producer with the NYC sound has been hard at work, finally securing a release date (October 28) for the project. Benefiting from his two-coast background, he brings over three heavyweights for the first ‘official’ single. East Coast vets Jadakiss and Pusha T spit a few of their rawest verses to date (where else would you hear about a Colombian necktie?), while Snoop Dogg adds a public service announcement for the hook: the street life is not for everyone, so, if you choose it, you should be prepared to Lose Your Life at any time. Those who can handle it will find this record perfect for rainy-day headphone theatre.
Written by Burmy on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Key To The City ft. Prodigy & Nina Sky" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.