Though the lead single off The Airplane Boys’ forthcoming mixtape found the T-Dot duo developing a taste for New Blood, Beck Motley and Bon Voyage don’t share the weaknesses typically attributed to vampires; far from hiding from the sun in velvet-lined-boxes, the crew are up and on their grind at the crack of dawn. On follow-up Dictate, beatsmith KMS layers moody synths over a reverb-drenched percussion rhythm as the crew explain why their competition may as well just hang up the mic. In between boasting about their superhuman work ethic and delineating the scope of their ambitions, they find time to drop a bevy of witty cinematic references, comparing lying rappers to “Matt Damon from Departed” and telling their haters,“Ya’ll just the Children of Men, ‘cause you fail to see existence.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further leaks leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of their next street album, Alignment. In addition, fans will be able to catch the crew performing at SXSW and Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival on April 15th and 22nd.
Written by richard on 02/2/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.