Though the lead single off The Airplane Boys’ forthcoming mixtape found the T-Dot duo developing a taste for New Blood, Beck Motley and Bon Voyage don’t share the weaknesses typically attributed to vampires; far from hiding from the sun in velvet-lined-boxes, the crew are up and on their grind at the crack of dawn. On follow-up Dictate, beatsmith KMS layers moody synths over a reverb-drenched percussion rhythm as the crew explain why their competition may as well just hang up the mic. In between boasting about their superhuman work ethic and delineating the scope of their ambitions, they find time to drop a bevy of witty cinematic references, comparing lying rappers to “Matt Damon from Departed” and telling their haters,“Ya’ll just the Children of Men, ‘cause you fail to see existence.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further leaks leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of their next street album, Alignment. In addition, fans will be able to catch the crew performing at SXSW and Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival on April 15th and 22nd.
Written by richard on 02/2/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.