On their last feature, Toronto’s Airplane Boys declared themselves Young Kings. Now, they’re on the lookout for women worthy of becoming their queens. A possible inclusion on the twosome’s next independent full-length, De La, Moon Child finds Beck Motley and Bon Voyage spitting confident, wordplay-laced game to a couple potential muses. As they turn on the charm, Ashton Price and Mark Herrera provide some smooth electro-funk grooves to set the mood. Appropriately enough, the central sample comes from Janelle Monáe‘s recent hit single, Q.U.E.E.N. Does this joint deserve a spot on Egos & Expectations? Cast your vote in the feedback section below, and keep it locked for the latest on the project, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.