Thus far, buzzmaking crew The 3rd Power is two for two in the Booth; Arp and I Need a Hook both received above-average ratings from our readership. In keeping with the theme of threes, I have a feeling the newly-released Stool Pigeon will transform their winning streak into a hat trick. As usual, Rashad mans the mixing boards, crafting a breezy guitar-loop beat to accompany crewmates P.A., CoCity and Blaksmif as they share some free-associative reflections on gun violence, racism, the musical hustle and more. This ear-pleasing, lyrically substantial cut isn’t attached to the set, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on currently-unscheduled collaborative debut Attack of the Drum.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.