Thus far, buzzmaking crew The 3rd Power is two for two in the Booth; Arp and I Need a Hook both received above-average ratings from our readership. In keeping with the theme of threes, I have a feeling the newly-released Stool Pigeon will transform their winning streak into a hat trick. As usual, Rashad mans the mixing boards, crafting a breezy guitar-loop beat to accompany crewmates P.A., CoCity and Blaksmif as they share some free-associative reflections on gun violence, racism, the musical hustle and more. This ear-pleasing, lyrically substantial cut isn’t attached to the set, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on currently-unscheduled collaborative debut Attack of the Drum.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.