Thus far, buzzmaking crew The 3rd Power is two for two in the Booth; Arp and I Need a Hook both received above-average ratings from our readership. In keeping with the theme of threes, I have a feeling the newly-released Stool Pigeon will transform their winning streak into a hat trick. As usual, Rashad mans the mixing boards, crafting a breezy guitar-loop beat to accompany crewmates P.A., CoCity and Blaksmif as they share some free-associative reflections on gun violence, racism, the musical hustle and more. This ear-pleasing, lyrically substantial cut isn’t attached to the set, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on currently-unscheduled collaborative debut Attack of the Drum.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.