When I woke up this morning, the first thing on my mind was food, but I also felt a craving for some fresh, R&B-infused hip-hop. Turns out Booth-approved singer/songwriter, rapper and beatsmith Rashad was thinking the same thing: “I Need a Hook / I need a song, and I just might write it.” Lucky for us, he did write that song, which has just been unleashed as single number two off The 3rd Power‘s collaborative debut. Coming on the heels of the reader-approved ARP, this cut finds Rashad trading witty, conversational bars with partner-in-rhyme P.A. Flex, backed by a vibrant mix of chopped soul samples, keys and syncopated percussion. Attack of the Drum still lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.