When I woke up this morning, the first thing on my mind was food, but I also felt a craving for some fresh, R&B-infused hip-hop. Turns out Booth-approved singer/songwriter, rapper and beatsmith Rashad was thinking the same thing: “I Need a Hook / I need a song, and I just might write it.” Lucky for us, he did write that song, which has just been unleashed as single number two off The 3rd Power‘s collaborative debut. Coming on the heels of the reader-approved ARP, this cut finds Rashad trading witty, conversational bars with partner-in-rhyme P.A. Flex, backed by a vibrant mix of chopped soul samples, keys and syncopated percussion. Attack of the Drum still lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.