Rashad is pretty damn dope, right? Well, take that dopeness and cube it, and you get his recently-formed crew, The 3rd Power. The group’s inaugural feature on our pages, Arp finds Rashad handling production as well as vocal duties. In addition to contributing a smooth guest hook, the independent singer/songwriter crafts a compulsively head-noddable synth/sample backdrop for the surefooted flows of his colleagues, whose identities I wasn’t able to uncover. Debut set Attack of the Drum is slated to drop soon via Elev8tor Music. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for further singles leading up to the set’s currently-unscheduled arrival.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need a Hook" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.