In a 1994 live-action Disney flick, 12-year-old Preston Waters is thrust into a web of criminal intrigue after cashing a bank robber’s Blank Check (received in compensation for the destruction of his bike) for a cool million. While critics panned the film, a young Thaddeus David was taking detailed notes—and the lessons he took away from it have evidently served him well. On this newly-released album inclusion, the Pacific Northwestern rhymesayer gives us a little insight into how he runs his business, delivering his cash-centric bars over the grimy sample work of Dj Semaj and 1STBORN. Mego Lin‘s official video, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, offers us a firsthand look at the artist’s hustle. Fans will be able to find this street banger, the previously featured NASA and much more on David’s Trapital Trill LP, scheduled for free digital release October 15.
Written by richard on 10/1/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)