It’s not easy being the Voice of the Commonwealth, but the always lyrically laced Thad Reid makes it sound that way. Although we haven’t heard from the Virginia representer since way back in November on his Booth approved cut Suffer Too, Reid’s obviously been spending that time wisely, crafting tracks like his new leak We Won’t Stop (shades of Puff Daddy on the chorus anyone?). Making its worldwide premiere right here, We Won’t Stop is first driven by a pounding, stripped down beat courtesy of producer Antagonist that Reid uses to flex his microphone muscles with aggressive punchlines: “I got my own click, runnin Al Capone s**t, they on some never won a title Karl Malone s**t.” Damn! Why you gotta do the Mailman like that Reid? If you can’t stop banging We Won’t Stop out your speakers be sure to keep an ear out for Reid’s DJBooth-presented project Target Practice, set to drop on April 20.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/21/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.