Just how fly is Blue Collar Muzik emcee and reader favorite Thad Reid? Well, based on this standout track off his latest street album, you can expect to find him anywhere between six and 31 miles above the Earth’s surface – in other words, he’s way up in the Stratosphere. A spacey, piano/synth-driven instrumental by Brian “B-Keyz” Wilson (not the guy from the Beach Boys, in case you were wondering) sets the mood for this meditative cut, which finds Reid using flight as a Bobby Ray-esque metaphor for success, and the fear of falling as representative of his self-doubt. Despite the conflicted mindstate Reid describes over the course of his introspective verses, he leaves no doubt that he’s headed in the right direction: “I don’t know how to make music if it’s not sincere.” Want to hear more? If you haven’t done so already, get a move on and check out the DMV native’s Booth-sponsored Target Practice mixtape, released on 4/20 and available now for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 05/3/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.