Fresh off the late-March release of his last mixtape leak, the Booth-approved We Won’t Stop, Blue Collar Muzik emcee Thad Reid is back to bring us the world premiere of Owww! S**t, I just sprained my finger typing that last sentence – too bad DJBooth doesn’t offer workers’ comp. Anyway, Owww, the lead single off the DMV representative’s forthcoming street album, comes backed by one of the most uniquely catchy instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute; Don S. ’ happy-go-lucky, eminently head-noddable (and headphone-worthy) boardwork, featuring synth-harp, organ and even a little trombone, Reid comes with two verses’ worth of fittingly laid-back, internally-rhymed braggadocio: “I take beats, I talk to them and serenade ‘em / Cook it in the pots, before I do it I marinate it.” Thad Reid’s Target Practice LP is set to drop on the 20th, but fans should keep it locked to the Booth in the meantime; we’ll be premiering another track, Same as It Ever Was (feat. K-Beta and RAtheMC) next Sunday, April 18.
Written by richard on 04/11/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.