Fresh off the late-March release of his last mixtape leak, the Booth-approved We Won’t Stop, Blue Collar Muzik emcee Thad Reid is back to bring us the world premiere of Owww! S**t, I just sprained my finger typing that last sentence – too bad DJBooth doesn’t offer workers’ comp. Anyway, Owww, the lead single off the DMV representative’s forthcoming street album, comes backed by one of the most uniquely catchy instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute; Don S. ’ happy-go-lucky, eminently head-noddable (and headphone-worthy) boardwork, featuring synth-harp, organ and even a little trombone, Reid comes with two verses’ worth of fittingly laid-back, internally-rhymed braggadocio: “I take beats, I talk to them and serenade ‘em / Cook it in the pots, before I do it I marinate it.” Thad Reid’s Target Practice LP is set to drop on the 20th, but fans should keep it locked to the Booth in the meantime; we’ll be premiering another track, Same as It Ever Was (feat. K-Beta and RAtheMC) next Sunday, April 18.
Written by richard on 04/11/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.