Fresh off the late-March release of his last mixtape leak, the Booth-approved We Won’t Stop, Blue Collar Muzik emcee Thad Reid is back to bring us the world premiere of Owww! S**t, I just sprained my finger typing that last sentence – too bad DJBooth doesn’t offer workers’ comp. Anyway, Owww, the lead single off the DMV representative’s forthcoming street album, comes backed by one of the most uniquely catchy instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute; Don S. ’ happy-go-lucky, eminently head-noddable (and headphone-worthy) boardwork, featuring synth-harp, organ and even a little trombone, Reid comes with two verses’ worth of fittingly laid-back, internally-rhymed braggadocio: “I take beats, I talk to them and serenade ‘em / Cook it in the pots, before I do it I marinate it.” Thad Reid’s Target Practice LP is set to drop on the 20th, but fans should keep it locked to the Booth in the meantime; we’ll be premiering another track, Same as It Ever Was (feat. K-Beta and RAtheMC) next Sunday, April 18.
Written by richard on 04/11/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)