If today’s feature lineup at The DJBooth isn’t up your musical alley, Thad Reid has arrived to declare that It Gets Better. The song will be found on Reid’s forthcoming project The Attic, a collection of freestyles, new and unreleased cuts, set for free release on April 8, which will act as a precursor to his summer-bound LP, the Unadulterated Reid EP. But if It Gets Better was left on the cutting room floor, than the EP will surely be a problem, because this refreshing, genuine gem is worthy of being placed on just about any full-length project. Beatmaker J. Clyde cooks us a soulful, heavily sampled beat, which sounds fitting when placed behind Reid’s commanding approach on the mic. The Madison Heights, Virginia native’s earnest flow and blue collar bars are sure to help those listeners, struggling in their 9-5 grind, to get through the week. In the meantime, while you wait for both his projects to drop, why not check out Thad’s last Booth feature, RedLine?
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.