If today’s feature lineup at The DJBooth isn’t up your musical alley, Thad Reid has arrived to declare that It Gets Better. The song will be found on Reid’s forthcoming project The Attic, a collection of freestyles, new and unreleased cuts, set for free release on April 8, which will act as a precursor to his summer-bound LP, the Unadulterated Reid EP. But if It Gets Better was left on the cutting room floor, than the EP will surely be a problem, because this refreshing, genuine gem is worthy of being placed on just about any full-length project. Beatmaker J. Clyde cooks us a soulful, heavily sampled beat, which sounds fitting when placed behind Reid’s commanding approach on the mic. The Madison Heights, Virginia native’s earnest flow and blue collar bars are sure to help those listeners, struggling in their 9-5 grind, to get through the week. In the meantime, while you wait for both his projects to drop, why not check out Thad’s last Booth feature, RedLine?
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.