If today’s feature lineup at The DJBooth isn’t up your musical alley, Thad Reid has arrived to declare that It Gets Better. The song will be found on Reid’s forthcoming project The Attic, a collection of freestyles, new and unreleased cuts, set for free release on April 8, which will act as a precursor to his summer-bound LP, the Unadulterated Reid EP. But if It Gets Better was left on the cutting room floor, than the EP will surely be a problem, because this refreshing, genuine gem is worthy of being placed on just about any full-length project. Beatmaker J. Clyde cooks us a soulful, heavily sampled beat, which sounds fitting when placed behind Reid’s commanding approach on the mic. The Madison Heights, Virginia native’s earnest flow and blue collar bars are sure to help those listeners, struggling in their 9-5 grind, to get through the week. In the meantime, while you wait for both his projects to drop, why not check out Thad’s last Booth feature, RedLine?
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)