Underground emcee Thad Reid might not operate on a nine-to-five schedule, but, he’s clearly got a place in his heart for those who do; with his new online series/EP, the Virginia rapper is treating us working stiffs to a little Paid Time Off. Released this past Monday, the first official leak in Reid’s five-single series is a record that just about all of us will be able to relate to—if you’ve ever experienced the relief of making it to Payday after a tight week, this is your jam. Shaun E Suave delivers a smooth, sunny synth-guitar accompaniment as Reid fantasizes about what he’s going do with his newfound cash, and rising R&B singer Range heightens the carefree ambiance with his soulful hook and backing vocals. Those unlucky enough to be out of a job might find this one a bit of a downer, but, for the rest of us, this is Blue Collar Muzik at its best. Watch for Thad Reid to premiere another populist jam every 1st and 15th leading up to Labor Day weekend, when he will release all five Paid Time Off entries, along with three never-before-heard bonus cuts, in EP form. Next up is Life Soldiers, making its debut July 1st.
Written by richard on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.