For most guys, no amount of practice can entirely quash the sweaty palms, racing heart and vocal stumbles that come with striking up a conversation with a beautiful woman—that is, if you’re even able to work up the courage to make a move before the moment’s slipped from your grasp. Thad Reid, however, is one of those smooth motherf**kers who makes it look easy. Rather than lording his suaveness over us mere mortals, though, the Virginia rhymesayer shares his secrets on newly-leaked EP cut Cool to Touch Backed by Disko Dave‘s languid guitar guitar licks and loping breakbeat, the freestyle alum takes us through the whole process, from the precisely-timed approach (“My big break came when her friend took herself to the bathroom…”), to the delicate art of breaking the ice (complicated when the aforementioned friend makes her return), all the way through the gradual rise and fall of their love affair. While the ending renders the record bittersweet, I have no doubt that heads in the Booth will enjoy the ride. If this breezy, romantic slice of life has left you hungry for more, you’re in luck; Reid’s expanded, Booth-sponsored Time Flys re-release is set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download on January 17.
Written by richard on 01/5/12
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)