“Braggadocio” is one of hip-hop’s bywords; if they’re not bragging of their own skills on the mic, emcees aren’t doing much to up their publicity. No underground rapper has taken this more to heart than Alexandria, Virginia’s own Thad Reid, who has boldly stated with his new mixtape, No Beat Is Safe 2.7: The B-Sides, that “no beat is safe” from his skill. He validates this claims on a cut called Can’t Live Without You (Functional Addict 2). On the track, Reid waxes lyrical about his ladylove, who’s got him stuck on her affections. Though he tries to resist his feelings by resorting to player tactics, the honest emcee admits that he can’t live without her. Channeling old-school beats with vintage drum patterns is indie rap producer Shuko, who’s definitely on the right track with this new sound. Expect to hear much more of both Shuko and Thad Reid inside the Booth.
Written by Carly on 07/22/08
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cruzin' ft. Akshan" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.