“Braggadocio” is one of hip-hop’s bywords; if they’re not bragging of their own skills on the mic, emcees aren’t doing much to up their publicity. No underground rapper has taken this more to heart than Alexandria, Virginia’s own Thad Reid, who has boldly stated with his new mixtape, No Beat Is Safe 2.7: The B-Sides, that “no beat is safe” from his skill. He validates this claims on a cut called Can’t Live Without You (Functional Addict 2). On the track, Reid waxes lyrical about his ladylove, who’s got him stuck on her affections. Though he tries to resist his feelings by resorting to player tactics, the honest emcee admits that he can’t live without her. Channeling old-school beats with vintage drum patterns is indie rap producer Shuko, who’s definitely on the right track with this new sound. Expect to hear much more of both Shuko and Thad Reid inside the Booth.
Written by Carly on 07/22/08
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cruzin' ft. Akshan" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)