“Braggadocio” is one of hip-hop’s bywords; if they’re not bragging of their own skills on the mic, emcees aren’t doing much to up their publicity. No underground rapper has taken this more to heart than Alexandria, Virginia’s own Thad Reid, who has boldly stated with his new mixtape, No Beat Is Safe 2.7: The B-Sides, that “no beat is safe” from his skill. He validates this claims on a cut called Can’t Live Without You (Functional Addict 2). On the track, Reid waxes lyrical about his ladylove, who’s got him stuck on her affections. Though he tries to resist his feelings by resorting to player tactics, the honest emcee admits that he can’t live without her. Channeling old-school beats with vintage drum patterns is indie rap producer Shuko, who’s definitely on the right track with this new sound. Expect to hear much more of both Shuko and Thad Reid inside the Booth.
Written by Carly on 07/22/08
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cruzin' ft. Akshan" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.